Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
The Power to Change Lives!
With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work is different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you know you've helped someone remain independent, and you get to meet some great people along the way.
Come for the job, stay for the chance to make a real difference.
Our Personal Support Workers provide care in clients homes and other settings in over 160 communities across Ontario:
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- ….and much more
Potential travel between the following geographical areas may be required: Bancroft, Belleville, Trenton and Picton
What we can offer you:
- Excellent total rewards package including group benefits and generous vacation allowance
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Mentoring opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
- This position is eligible for the temporary $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients.
- Certificate in Personal Support Worker (PSW) program or Health Care Aide (HCA) are preferred
- Developmental Service Workers (DSWs), nursing students, internationally educated nurses and other types of support staff are also welcome to apply!
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff are our top priority.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: PSW, support worker, caregiver, social services, support staff, mental health, community support worker, social service worker, personal support worker, HCA, health care aide, DSW, developmental service worker.
Apply on company website