Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Are you a newly graduated Personal Support Worker (PSW) who completed their program on or after April 1, 2021? You may qualify for the PSW Return of Service initiative through Health Force Ontario, this initiative provides a $5,000 incentive to eligible PSW graduates in exchange for a six-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: https://www.healthforceontario.ca/en/Home/All_Programs/PSW_Return_of_Service
The Power to Change Lives!
With VON you get to hit the open road, where the scenery and work is different every day. We offer a workplace free from the repetitive and boring, where you know you've helped someone remain independent, and you get to meet some great people along the way.
Come for the job, stay for the chance to make a real difference.
Our Peel Home Support Program is looking for Personal Support Workers to provide care in clients homes. We have several positions available part time and casual hours.
- Work with clients in their homes to provide personal care
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Provide respite care
- Plan and prepare meals and light household duties
- Help with mobility and transfers
- Monitor and maintain household safety
- ….and much more
What we can offer you:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Competitive salaries and vacation time
- Tiered Benefits (health, dental, LTD) & an Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan with company contribution
- Travel compensation
- SMART phone provided to keep you connected during work time
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Work with an organization that is 120 years strong
- This position is eligible for the temporary $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients.
What we need from you:
- Certificate in Personal Support Worker (PSW) program or Health Care Aide (HCA) are preferred
- Developmental Service Workers (DSWs), nursing students, internationally educated nurses and other types of support staff are also welcome to apply!
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required and a Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
VON is a non-profit organization that provides clinical, personal and social support to people who want to live every day to the fullest while remaining in their own homes and communities.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff are our top priority.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations where required. For more information, please visit http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility
Other terms commonly searched for this type of opportunity: PSW, support worker, caregiver, social services, support staff, mental health, community support worker, social service worker, personal support worker, HCA, health care aide, DSW, developmental service worker.
In accordance with the Employer's policy, Mandatory Vaccination: COVID-19, it is required that all VON Canada Nova Scotia Branch, VON Canada Ontario Branch and VON Canada (National) employees, contractors, volunteers and students be fully vaccinated (subject only to legitimate established exemptions of a medical nature or where there is a valid human rights exception).
To facilitate this policy, all VON Canada employees, students, contractors and volunteers will be required to provide written attestation confirming that they are fully vaccinated and reasonable proof of vaccination status, inclusive of any government-issued documentation.
Apply on company website