Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.5 FTE)
Program Name: Home Support
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 37.5
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: OFHCW
On Call: No
Location: Marmora, ON
The PSW/DSW provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families in the home setting within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.
This position provides community support services including personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation to clients in their homes.
- High school diploma.
- Secondary school education is preferred
- Must have a current Standard First Aid Certificate or CPR level C Certificate, if applicable to the work being performed.
- Personal Support Worker or Developmental Services Worker certification is mandatory
- Household management experience.
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals or children.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to change and work in various social and economic environments
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website