Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Regular, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program: Falls Prevention & Exercise Programs
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days
The Coordinator will facilitate cooperative operation of falls prevention and exercise programming within the VON HNHB District by liaising with retirement home and community locations, sub-contracted service delivery providers, and client participants.
- Ensure that falls prevention and exercise delivery align with VON standards for quality, goal oriented programming and client-focused service
- Work with service locations and subcontractors to negotiate efficient scheduling of group class times favouring retirement home preferences where possible
- Identification and development of new and existing service locations to maximize class capacity and participation
- May develop, coordinate and deliver falls prevention education for the Seniors Maintaining Active Roles Together (SMART) program.
- Develop and monitor intake and referral process for retirement home residents and non-residents to ensure appropriate alignment of client needs/interests with program goals and approach to exercise and falls prevention education and supports
- Monitor statistics for falls and exercise programming for reporting purposes
- Regular travel within the VON HNHB District is required
- Develops and implements program plans to meet department needs.
- Creates and prepares financial and statistical trending reports VON and funder obligations and for program analysis.
- Refers clients to other appropriate agencies, service providers and disciplines as applicable.
- Identifies and utilizes tools and resources for relevant work and manages these resources.
- Tracks and reports the result of program plans on a timely basis to the relevant supervisor and internal stakeholders.
- Works in partnership with community agencies and programs to support client needs.
- Works towards service targets to achieve business objectives.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Kinesiology or equivalent program.
- College of Physiotherapists or College of Occupational Therapists would be acceptable
- Experience using and implementing falls prevention tools and education
- Experience in program planning and evaluation
- Experience working with seniors in exercise/fitness/rehab programming
- Knowledge/experience in working with specific patient populations such as COPD, stroke, frail senior/medically complex considered an asset
- Senior Fitness Instructor or VON SMART certification an asset
- First Aid/CPR required
- Experience in the non-profit healthcare environment preferred
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment with high confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social and health care services network and community resources, as well as a proven ability to build strong relationships within the community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in a deadline.
- Proficiency in Windows OS and MS Office Suite programs.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website