Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Temporary, Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Program Name: Adult Day Program
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Work Schedule: Days, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: OPSEU
Anticipated End Date: 09/30/2022
On Call: No
Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of therapeutic programming and related activities within the Adult Day Program(s)
- Implement and evaluate therapeutic programs for clients attending the Adult Day and Overnight Programs.
- Coach and mentor PSW staff to ensure the best program experience for the clients.
- Complete required documentation as required and per program policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in recreation or Gerontology.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning and implementing therapeutic activities for persons with cognitive challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a setting with a flexible client-centered team care approach.
- Valid First Aid & CPR
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website