Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Are you a new graduate, retired nurse or nurse looking to enter back into the nursing field? You may qualify for the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) through Health Force Ontario. This program provides a $10,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 12-month commitment to an eligible employer. To view eligibility requirements, click here: www.healthforceontario.ca/ccpn
Employment Status: Permanent, Part Time (0.8 FTE)
Program Name: Visiting Nursing
Number of Hours Bi-Weekly: 60
Work Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Union/Bargaining Unit: ONA
On Call: Yes
Our Visiting nurses provide client care in the client's own home. They provide physical assessments, symptom control support, palliative care, rehabilitation therapy, wound care, education, counselling to individuals and families and much more.
Registered Nurses will provide professional nursing consultation services on a wide variety of nursing issues related to the care of older adult clients. You will promote programs to meet community needs, and provide exceptional nursing care to clients and caregivers in the community by applying VON Branch philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Provide and manage high quality and appropriate nursing care to all individuals and/or families in the community who are assigned to their care
- Responsible to teach and delegate tasks and functions to different levels of workers and to family members and others in accordance with the standards and scope of practice as determined by VON and the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Comply with all standards, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Participate as a member of the health care team in relevant committees and working groups
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and a graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- 2-5 years clinical experience in a community setting
- Demonstrated competencies in observation, independent assessment and health education
- Experience providing nursing care to adults and seniors
- Can effectively use software for client documents, word processing & communication
- Experience conducting comprehensive nursing assessments
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid CPR C / First Aid required
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Attention Current Employees (Internal Applicants): If you are applying to a unionized position and you are a member of its bargaining unit, please be aware that this posting may remain open beyond the deadline if there are not enough applicants to fill the position(s). If the posting remains open after the initial deadline, VON may close the posting at its' discretion or a rolling deadline equivalent to the posting period specified in your Collective Agreement will be deemed, and each successive period will be treated as a separate posting for purposes of comparing seniority between candidates.
Apply on company website