Description Position at VON Canada (Ontario)
Employment Status: Casual
Program Name: Therapy
Work Schedule: Days, Weekends
On Call: No
Location(s): East and West Districts of Thunder Bay
A Social Worker is responsible for Client's assessments, provides short term counselling, education and advocacy in partnership with the VON clinical staff.
- Provides individual and group counseling, health education, case management, community rehabilitation and development for clients.
- Conducts comprehensive client assessments (includes discipline specific assessments and multidisciplinary assessment instruments, patient self-assessments, family assessments).
- In collaboration with the client and other stakeholders, develops individualized client treatment/recovery plans.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of community resources and services and facilitates referrals as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for the plan of care and support of assigned clients within the context of primary worker and the larger team.
- Advocates for clients and promotes self-advocacy and client self-determination as appropriate.
- Maintains client, team and organizational confidentiality.
- Participates in staff, team and committee meetings or task groups for program planning, development and evaluation.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Works in collaboration with clinical staff.
- Communicates and partners with community agencies such as the funder, police, hospital, government, and shelters.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Bachelors of Social Work is required.
- Registration with the Provincial College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers is mandatory.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with palliative care and mental health.
- Current CPR Certification will be an asset.
- Experience working in a clinical environment an asset.
- Experience with a range of therapeutic/intervention models.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources, health care and social service systems.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Exemplary clinical problem solving skills.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required.
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required.
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further details.
Apply on company website