Description Position at Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
Earn while you learn!
Want to become a Personal Support Worker (PSW), but haven't started the training? This is the perfect opportunity for you.
VON Canada partnering with the South West Local Health Integration Network in support of the “BecomeaPSW.ca” campaign.
- VON will pay for your "in-class time" and "work placements" so that you can focus directly on school while attending the Personal Support Program through Fanshawe College, Conestoga College or Lambton College
- Bursaries (tuition) may be available directly through participating colleges. For bursary information, visit www.becomeapsw.ca
- VON will hire the graduated student upon successful completion of the PSW Program in London, ON
If you would like to learn more about “Personal Support Worker” role in our community, please see out this video:
PSW Appreciation Video
The Personal Support Worker provides personal support and homemaking services to clients and families within the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards. The PSW collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of clients to attain an optimal level of independence and wellbeing.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent certification
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for business use and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Willingness to travel to neighbouring communities.
- Will be asked to provide or complete a current criminal background check
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details.
For more information, please visit us at www.von.ca/careers to apply online today!
Apply on company website