This OB Surgical Tech position is a full time position working 7p-7a. The applicant will have responsibility for unit clerk work within the department as well as OB Tech responsibilities. The position reports to the Director of Obstetrics.
- Certification by the National Association of Surgical Technician's required
- Associates Degree in related field required
- Experience as an operating room tech preferred
- Hospital experience and unit clerk experience preferred
- Notary Certification preferred; required within six months
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to maintain ongoing compliance and/or education related to the Surgical Technician Field.
Skill and Ability:
- Should obtain minimal level of proficiency of tasks through experience by the end of three months.
- Ability to participate in and complete all future training programs.
- Knowledge of principles of direct patient care, certain treatments, basic observations, and essential points of care about emergency patients.
- Requires high level of mental alertness to avoid error and negative consequences to patients. Spends majority of time dealing with patients of which some may create stress, frustration, or high level of concern.
- Physical abilities must allow for frequent working, stooping, bending, and frequent lifting and moving of patients.
Wayne HealthCare is a tobacco free facility and as such no longer hires tobacco users.
Apply on company website