The Pharmacy Technician for Medication Reconciliation performs pharmacy related functions under the general supervision and work direction of the pharmacist and in compliance with departmental policies and procedures. This is a full time position within the Pharmacy Department. The work schedule varies to meet the needs of the department. Call requirements exist for this position. This position reports to the Director of Pharmacy Services.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years experience in a hospital environment preferred
- Physically able to lift 30-55 lbs.
Skill, Ability and Responsibility:
- Interpersonal and analytical skills necessary to function under the current standards of pharmacy practice
- Strong communication skills needed to contact community pharmacies, mail-order pharmacies, or other sources of medications.
- Develops an accurate list of current “home” medications using all available resources.
- Demonstrates awareness of ethical issues surrounding patient care, the hospital policies governing these issues, and the structures available to support ethical decision making.
- Performs department/medication storage area inspections monthly.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work with limited direction.
- Strong math background including metric system.
- Assists Main Pharmacy personnel as needed.
- Physically able to perform all the functions of the position
- Maintains all required qualifications for the area assigned
- All other tasks as assigned/_template/211424/15277525
Apply on company website