This is a PRN Registration Clerk position working various shifts. The position is primary to patient registration. The individual will be cross trained to multiple areas with the Department. This position reports to the Director and Supervisor of the Patient Access and Telecommunications Department.
- Associate Degree in Medical Office Assistant or similar education desire
- Knowledge of various common office machines required
- Strong knowledge of computers and varied software required
- Prior hospital experience desired
- Assign patients to a hospital room, interview incoming patients prior to date of admission. Explain hospital policies regarding deposits, parking, personal items, and visitation.
- Assist patients in understanding their insurance benefits if information is available
- Input patient information into all necessary computer systems on time and accurately
- Greet patients in a professional and polite manner at all time.
- Assist others in the department as needed
- Ensure all tasks are completed on time and accurately
- Relieve the cashier and telecommunications operator as needed
- Follow all written and verbal instructions
- Provide strong communication skills both within the department and with other areas of the facility
- Present a professional appearance at all times
- All other duties as assigned
Wayne HealthCare is a tobacco free facility and as such no longer hires tobacco users.
Apply on company website