SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
The Pharmacy Technician Specialist is responsible for accurately performing advanced and basic pharmacy technician functions in a timely manner. In addition, they are responsible for performing duties associated with Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADCs), other specialized duties and/or leadership roles as assigned by the pharmacy management team.
Essential Functions (including, but not limited to):
- Provide direction and training to other technicians as assigned.
- Assists in the supervision of other technicians to ensure that policies and procedures and regulatory requirements are uniformly and consistently followed.
- Accurately performs audits (i.e. anesthesia, overrides, billing, etc.) as assigned.
- Assists the pharmacists in clinical reviews as assigned (i.e. medication reconciliation, triaging reports, etc).
- Accurately and safely compounds and label medications and parenteral admixtures
- Compounds chemotherapy preparation per established protocol
- Accurately fills orders in the pharmacy
- Performing daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.) and provides oversight of these activities for appropriate inventory management
- Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notifies the pharmacy inventory manager/buyer of any shortages, overages or product damage.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- National Certification (CPhT) required
- Active Registered pharmacy technician, as per State requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy required
- Minimum of 3 years of hospital and/or retail experience required
- Supervisor experience preferred
West Florida Healthcare, a 515-bed health care facility, is proud to be the area's leader in quality outcomes performance. In addition to receiving an A Rating in Patient Safety from the Leapfrog Group since Fall of 2015, West Florida Healthcare is also the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. West Florida Healthcare is also the first hospital in the state of Florida to have earned Atrial Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services Accreditation. In addition, West Florida Healthcare is an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and offers specialized Emergency Department services tailored specifically to the needs of seniors as well as a Kids' ER dedicated to serving the emergency medical needs of children. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the acute care hospital, the area's only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical rehabilitation hospital, and a behavioral health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare meets the community's healthcare needs in major services such as cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, oncology, orthopedics, robotic-assisted surgery, critical care, neurology/neurosurgery, emergency care, urology, behavioral health, gastroenterology, obstetrics, pulmonary, and rehabilitative medicine.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website