SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
West Florida Healthcare is the area's only Atrial Fibrillation Certified hospital and was the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. We are also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the acute care hospital, a mental health facility, and the area's only CARF-accredited, comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital. Position Summary: The Physical Therapist (PT) provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitative services to patients to improve mobility, relieve pain and disability.
- Designs, implements and documents appropriate initial plan of care and sets measurable goals based on patients' age, total needs perspective and environment
- Demonstrates and articulates sound clinical reasoning through synthesizing evaluation data from initial patient assessment, medical history and physician orders to develop a comprehensive plan of care. Follows intervention protocols and adapts conventional therapy techniques to meet the needs of the patient. Performs regular re-evaluations to determine patient progress and adjusts or alters plan of care accordingly.
- Records, monitors, and analyzes clinical data to review, reevaluate and modify treatment plan and goals.
- Demonstrates use of the interdisciplinary team approach to patient care; collaborates, confers and updates physician, patient, family and other team members regarding patient progress, treatment, and discharge planning.
- Determines when patient progress and goals have been met or medical necessity no longer warrants intervention. Establishes provisions for continuing services and makes referrals to other professionals regarding patient care as necessary.
- Collaborates with patient services departments and community service agencies to coordinate and conduct educational outreach programs and learning activities.
- Supports hospital initiatives in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner. "
- Receives, interprets, and implements physician orders accurately and in a courteous manner. Consults resources to clarify unfamiliar or questionable orders."
- Ensures proactive and effective communication is maintained with physician regarding patient observations, reactions and changes inpatient condition or status and accurately documents.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website