SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 260-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission. West Hills Hospital & Medical Center's Mission & Vision: Mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Vision: To be the hospital of choice in our community. Position Summary: The OR Tech Senior provides superior patient/customer satisfaction, ensuring highest quality care and service. Responsible for assisting the surgeon and other Operating Room staff members during a variety of operative procedures. Specific areas of responsibility include: preparation of sterile supplies and instruments for each assigned procedure, maintaining the sterile field during case and providing surgeon with sterile supplies and instruments during assigned procedures. Utilizes age appropriate specific knowledge when providing care to all patients and specifically to pediatric and geriatric patients. Provides care, which considers social, spiritual and cultural needs of patients. Reports To: Director, Perioperative Services Supervises: None
- CORT Certification preferred.
- Current BCLS required
- Successful completion of an accredited OR Technician Program or documented evidence of “on the job training” in an acute care facility OR.
- Three years current experience in an acute care facility operating room preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Hear/speak adequately to communicate with and be understood effectively by staff, patients, physicians and general public.
· Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website