DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission. West Hills Hospital & Medical Center's Mission & Vision: Mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Vision: To be the hospital of choice in our community.
Our Clinical Burn teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Position Summary: Direct and supervise functions and activities in the Burn units; interpret and implement policies, procedures, standards, and regulations to personnel, patients, medical staff, and public. Evaluate all burn patients in the Emergency Room. Telephone triages all calls from outside Emergency Rooms and communicates with Burn Physician on call for admission and treatment. Complete unit schedules and assures adequate staffing exists for all shifts. Participate in staff evaluations with Burn Unit director. Perform duties in any nursing capacity as needed. Reports To: Burn Service Line Director Supervises: None Charge Nurse-Burn Services Center FT/Nights Rotating Weekends Burn Center
QualificationsPosition Requirements: Licensure/ Certification/Registration:
- Current CA RN License required.
- Current BCLS required.
- Current ACLS required.
- Current PALS required.
- Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) required.
- Current CCRN certification preferred.
- BSN preferred.
- Pediatrics Critical Care Course or equivalent experience required.
- Critical Care Course completion or equivalent experience required.
- Recent Posttraumatic stress training preferred.
- Previous charge nurse experience required.
- 1+ years' recent acute care burn experience required (adults & peds).
- 1+ years' experience in acute pediatric care setting preferred.
- Mastery of Burn assessment, ability to clearly, and accurately communicate this to on call Burn Physician.
- Proficiency in Acute Burn Life Support algorithms and interpretation.
- Current experience in burn dressing solutions, modalities, and application.
- Proficiency in hemodynamic and respiratory interventions unique to burn patients >20%BSA.
- Proficiency in the Rule of Nines and Lund Browder chart.
- Mastery of fluid resuscitation unique for burn patients.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Basic leadership abilities with an interest in developing managerial skills.
- Effective stress management skills.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website