DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Certified Nursing Assistant
Nights Full Time FTE 0.9
Westside Regional Medical Center
We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the latest in minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint Commission certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in podiatry, surgery and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974 we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff and medical care.
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At , we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.Job Descriptions:
The Patient Care Assistant, under the direction of a nurse, assists in providing nursing care to a designated group of patients.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that all call lights are answered promptly and patients needs met quickly.
- Explains all treatment and care to the patient and/or family members.
- Complete patient vital signs as assigned and notify nurse of any significant changes.
- Monitor intake and output as assigned.
- Rounds on patients every 2 hours in order to better meet their needs.
- Greets and orients patient and family to room on arrival.
- High school graduate preferred. Graduation from a formal Patient Care Assistant program, either at a vocational school or hospital
- Active Certified Nursing Assistance license with the State of Florida
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Minimum of one year of Patient Care Assistant experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website