SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab
PRN FTE 0.001
Westside Regional Medical Center
We're always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the latest in the minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint Commission-certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are a teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in podiatry, surgery, and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974, we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff, and medical care.
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
Job Description: The Registered Nurse (RN) provides safe and effective nursing care to all patients utilizing the nursing process. The Registered Nurse is also responsible for the direction and supervision of assigned personnel delivering patient care. As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Cath Lab, some of your primary task and responsibilities will be to:
- Assist the physician in practicing Invasive Coronary Angiography.
- Assist in the daily operations of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory department.
- Provide quality nursing care on a continuous basis.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Cardiac Intensive Care Nursing.
- Documentation of hemodynamics before and after medications administered.
- Wear the radiation monitoring badge at the thyroid level at all times during procedures.
- Adhere to the Personal Protective Equipment/Standard Precautions policies by wearing a lead apron and thyroid collar when working in the procedure room.
- Administer medications at the correct rate and dosage under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Apply firm, steady pressure on access sites until the clotting process is complete, at least 15 minutes.
- Communicate with patients throughout the procedure in order to evaluate their status and to maintain a level of relaxation.
- Document each medication is given during the procedure.
- Ensure that report is given to Nursing Unit upon patient's return.
- Ensure that the Nursing Unit is given 20 minutes to get patients prepared for the procedure on a constant basis.
- Ensure that the patient is delivered to the department 20 minutes prior to each procedure.
- Ensure that the patient's comfort and dignity are respected.
- Ensure that the patient's safety is maintained at all times according to the hospital policy on Risk Management, Infection Control, and Safety Management.
- Flushes, balances, and calibrated transducers for each procedure by the scheduled "Doctor Ready" time.
- Give each patient complete post-procedure instructions and receives a return demonstration from the patient to acknowledge comprehension.
- Has the patient "Doctor Ready" at the scheduled time consistently.
- Inform the Registered Nurse and/or physician of any abnormal laboratory results immediately.
- Label intravenous lines properly with date, time, medication, and amount.
- Maintain a patent intravenous access line.
- Maintain strict sterile technique.
- Maintain the area fully stocked and in an orderly fashion.
- Notify the physician immediately of any difficulty while holding pressure.
- Prepare equipment and medications in advance of every procedure.
- Prepare the patient's skin properly in order to achieve clear, legible EKG monitoring.
- Properly labels indwelling lines and apply a sterile, secure dressing for each patient.
- Retrieve any piece of equipment immediately upon request of the physician and/or team.
- Transport patient back to Nursing Unit according to hospital policy.
- Verify that each patient's chart is complete with the following items immediately upon arriving at the department for a procedure.
- Pre-cath checklist completed and signed.
- PT, PTT, CBC, and SMA-7 within 14 days.
- EKG and Chest X-Ray within 3 months.
- Informed consent signed.
- Ensure that all charges for the case are submitted at the end of the procedure
- Ensure that film is transferred to PACS once the procedure is finished and that case is completed in PACS
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- Associate (2 years) Degree required (ASN) required.
- Bachelor (4 years) Degree preferred (BSN) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in Critical Care Nursing.
- One year experience in Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory required.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website