Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Acute Care (Medical Surgical-Telemetry) Registered Nurse for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
Hours: 36 hours a week (72 hours per pay period)
Shift: Night Shift (7 pm -7 am)
Position Reports to: Acute Care Nurse Manager
Department Description: Wilson Health's Acute Care Department is a 23-bed medical-surgical -telemetry unit. This unit is where patients receive active but short-term treatment for a server injury or episode of illness, an urgent medical condition, or during recovery from surgery.
Job Summary: The Acute Care Department Registered Nurse is responsible for providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and disabled persons in the hospital.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Makes an assessment of and determines total nursing needs of assigned patients. The patient population would include: the neonate patient, the pediatric patient, the adolescent patient, the young-middle aged adult patient, and the geriatric patient
- The acute care nurse shall formulate a comprehensive nursing plan of care for the medical-surgical patient and collaborate in the overall plan of patient care.
- The acute care nurse shall implement a plan of care based on assessment data as well as a sound knowledge base.
- The acute care nurse shall assist the patient and significant other to obtain knowledge regarding their disease process and self-care through utilization of proper resources.
- The acute care nurses shall evaluate and modify the plan of care based on observable responses by the patient and attainment of patient goals.
- The acute care nurse shall be competent and current, adhering to established standards of practice, and will engage in activities or behaviors that characterize professionals.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current R.N. license in State of Ohio.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support
- Pediatric competent RN must have PALS
- Telemetry competent RN must have rhythm analysis and ACLS
- Improve the health and wellness of the community by delivering compassionate, quality care.
- Be a trusted, nationally-recognized leader of innovative, collaborative, community health.
- A.S.P.I.R.E - Always serve with professionalism, integrity, respect, and excellence.
Apply on company website