Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Environmental Services Specialist for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Department Description: Wilson Health's Environmental Services department maintains environmental and infection control standards within established policies and procedures of the hospital. The department is responsible for performing a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the facility.
Employment Status: Full Time
Hours: 3PM - 11:30PM
Shift: 2nd shift
Position Reports to: Environmental Services Manager
Job Summary: The EVS Specialist is responsible for following established procedures to clean and service building areas, perform a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtains and retains knowledge of specifications to clean patient rooms, surgery, OB, floor care, outside windows, and attainment of patient goals
- Thoroughly cleans areas using proper cleaning materials, supplies and solutions
- Always observes established isolation and aseptic techniques in accordance with departmental policy and procedure
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and strictly obeys the hospital policies for infection control procedures by washing hands regularly
- Seeks out work that needs to be done, demonstrates alertness to areas needing attention
- Consistently demonstrates an awareness and concern for patient safety, always uses caution signs as appropriate
- Displays courtesy at all times with patients, visitors and co- workers
- Demonstrates skills and consideration in completing assigned duties without interference to those responsible for direct patient care
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
At Wilson Health we don't measure success by profits but by the health and vitality of our community. Our hospital is an independent, professional, friendly, intimate environment where people know everyone across all disciplines on a first name basis. We care just as much about the success of your health as we do the success of your career.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Sick Leave (Full Time & Part Time Sick Leave Program)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life, and Others)
- Managed Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Managed Time Off)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match, and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
About Wilson Health:
At Wilson Health, improving the health of the community is at the heart of our mission. Wilson Health extends care beyond the walls of the hospital with resources designed to keep people in charge of their health. Wilson Health's purpose is to offer better healthcare to our communities, so people can spend more time doing what they love with those they love. Wilson Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Apply on company website