Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire Family Birth Center Registered Nurse for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Retirement (Defined & Employer Contribution, Employer Match (no waiting period), and Various Investment Options)
- Employment Status: PRN (PRN= less than 20 hours on average)
Working Hours: PT Nights- 6:45pm- 7:15am
Position Reports to: Family Birth Center Nurse Manager
Department Description: Wilson Health's Family Birth Center (FBC) consists of 10 spacious birthing suites; 4 recovery/post-partum rooms for C-section deliveries; and 3 observation rooms, C-section surgical suite conveniently located adjacent to the post-partum recovery rooms, Large walk-in showers and Sweet Beginnings Boutique (Lactation Services) conveniently located inside the Family Birth Center lobby.
Job Summary: The Family Birth Center Registered Nurse is responsible for providing prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to pregnant patients during labor, obstertrical emergencies, and other obstetric conditions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the physician, family, team members, and other hospital departments in developing and implementing a comprehensive plan of care for each patient.
- Participate in the patient/family education process. Evaluate and modify the plan of care based upon observable responses of the patient and attainment of patient goals.
- Implement a plan of care based on assessment data as well as a sound evidence-based knowledge.
- Demonstrate clinical competency in the areas of antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, intra-operative care for c/sections, instrumental deliveries, and neonatal nursing through the application of the Nursing Process while adhering to established standards of practice, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise and provide direction/guidance to other nursing staff, float nursing, unit HUC, and PCT's. Act as a mentor to new Family Birth Center staff.
- Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Prefer Labor and Delivery experience. Must have Med/Surg experience, if no prior Labor & Delivery experience.
- Current NRP, BLS, or obtains Neonatal Resuscitation Certification within 3-6 months of date of hire.
- Recent attendance at Basic and Intermediate Fetal Monitoring Courses or completion of courses within 9 months of hire. Completion of ACLS within one year of hire. STABLE (neonatal continuing education program) within one year of hire.
- Improve the health and wellness of the community by delivering compassionate, quality care.
- Be a trusted, nationally-recognized leader of innovative, collaborative, community health.
- A.S.P.I.R.E - Always serve with professionalism, integrity, respect, and excellence.
Apply on company website