Wilson Health is looking for a direct hire HistoTech for our location in Sidney, Ohio (North Dayton, Ohio) area.
Key Perks and Benefits:
- Pay (Shift Differential, Weekend Differential, Holiday Pay, and Direct Deposit)
- Paid Time Off (Full Time & Part Time Paid Time Off)
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life, and Others)
- Retirement (Defined Contribution, Employer Contribution, Employer Match (no waiting period), and Various Investment Options)
- Education Reimbursement (Tuition & Book Fee Reimbursement)
Employment Status: PRN
Working Hours: Varied
Shift: 1st Shift
Position Reports to: Director of Laboratory Services
Job Summary: To operate and monitor the technical duties of this department in the performance of all its functions, reporting to the pathology section head, the laboratory administrative director or the medical director (technical supervisor). The senior tech fulfills the qualifications as a general supervisor and also performs the routine duties of a histotechnician.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform all general or specialized histopathology procedures including immunohistochemistry and be able to demonstrate proficiency and appropriate knowledge and expertise per pathologist and the laboratory policy on Tissue Submission by Histology Section Personnel.
- Monitor and document quality control data.
- Recognize, investigate and resolve technical, operational, and equipment problems, including pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical phases of testing.
- Perform routine maintenance of technical equipment and work areas
- Special duties as required
- Histotechnologist(HTL) or Histotechnician(HT) registered or registry eligible by ASCP and if registry eligible at time of hire must pass exam within 18 months of hire date to remain employed.
- The employee must successfully complete an orientation checklist and satisfactory performance assessment within 3 months of hire date.
Mission & Vision & Values:
- Improve the health and wellness of the community by delivering compassionate, quality care.
- Be a trusted, nationally-recognized leader of innovative, collaborative, community health.
- A.S.P.I.R.E - Always serve with professionalism, integrity, respect, and excellence.
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)
Apply on company website