The Barback shall procure and stock alcoholic and nonalcoholic products as well as other consumables related to the distribution of food and beverages to guests throughout the gaming facility.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provides guests, especially women, an escape into an exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stocks and rotates (First In-First Out) all products and supplies (glassware, ice, garnish etc.) necessary for the bar operation
- Prepares inventory orders based upon par levels and guidance from the bartender and supervisor
- Disposes of liquor bottles in accordance with established procedures
- Ensures a signature is received for all consumable products delivered to a bar
- Continuously cleans the bar areas, especially the bar top as you move around the bar
- Ensures that any dirty glassware, loose napkins, and paper debris and trash are removed immediately
- Cleans dirty ashtrays
- Sweeps and mops bars and associated areas each shift or as needed to maintain effective cleanliness
- Checks the chemical levels of the glass washers and availability of cleaning supplies for the manual wash sinks
- Checks the temperature of all refrigeration equipment and ice machines, and informs a supervisor immediately if an abnormal situation occurs
- Keeps the dump sinks clean and treated with sanitizing solution to prevent insect growth; keeps floors mopped, free of dirt and sticky surfaces; Sanitizes the ice bin, whenever the ice in a bartender station becomes contaminated
- Taps and replaces kegs and restocks the bar gun system as directed by the supervisor
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
Job Requirements: (please ensure you meet the listed requirements prior to applying)
- High School diploma or GED required or currently enrolled and successfully complete a GED program within six (6) months from start date as a condition of continued employment
- Must be nineteen (19) years of age or older
- Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to maneuver large bulk items (i.e. kegs of beer) to assigned areas
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must successfully pass job interview, including a guest service audition
- Must be able to deal effectively with diverse departments and have flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment
- Must possess a high level of maturity, dependability, and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, in English, effectively both verbally and in writing, and understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats
- Must successfully complete Responsible Vendor Alcoholic Beverage Service, and TIPS training
- Must successfully complete ServeSafe Sanitation training
- Willing and able to work odd or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position
- Must have willingness and ability to work in a smoke/secondary smoke environment
NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN PREFERENCE IN HIRING POLICY SHALL BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES
On-line applications are accepted at http://www.windcreekhospitality.com/Careers. For internal employees please submit your Internal Job Posting Form to your property's Human Resources office.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to office of the President and CEO of Wind Creek Hospitality.
Apply on company website