The primary responsibility of the Clerk - Pit is to assist in table games personnel with all markers, ratings, fills, and credits in accordance with established procedures. Clerk - Pit is also required to assist in getting player information needed to create a Wind Creek Rewards player card for table games players and creating said card. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Wind Creek Bethlehem policies, practices, and procedures.
- Arrive for shift on time and in proper uniform.
- Issuance of all markers (computers and manual), signature verification, buy backs and transfers.
- Enter all manual ratings, merge duplicate accounts and create new accounts in table games software through the use of a computer.
- Enter all fills and credits into table games software through the use of a computer.
- Make sure all pits are balanced 30 minutes before end of shift.
- Make Supervisor - Cage aware of all accounts needing updating and/or duplicate accounts.
- Transports cash to the poker room cage or the poker cashier window at the main cage for Dealers or patrons of the Poker Room to be exchanges for value chips.
- Balance all pit figures for shift roll.
- Properly use equipment, tools or systems to complete assigned tasks and complies with company safety standards.
- Develop a working knowledge of any PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with PGCB and approved Sands' standards.
- Read and understand the Wind Creek Bethlehem Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Wind Creek Bethlehem customer service standards.
- Adhere to and complies with both departmental and overall property policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Wind Creek Bethlehem appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Wind Creek Bethlehem Customer Service Standards.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- One (1) year experience in a casino environment, casino cage experience preferred.
- Requires the ability to learn software, use of a computer, printers, calculator, card embosser, time clock and multiple phone lines.
- Requires the ability to use a calculator.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
Apply on company website