Like the men and women they serve, Bates is committed to delivering their best. A leading maker of quality boots and shoes for those in uniform, Bates' commitment is heartfelt and hard-earned. Evident in the technologies they pioneer. Visible in the quality footwear they design. Ensuring those who serve enjoy products that are as comfortable as they are hardwearing, as value-priced as they are invaluable.
As a Product Line Manager, you will work to create market-leading products for a global business that enable the brand to grow and meet business goals by evolving, developing and organizing the product line including footwear, apparel and accessories. The position will be responsible for leading the assortment planning with a comprehensive understanding of the target consumers and their needs, competitive landscape, trends and innovation.
- Uses competitive data, trend and innovative ideas to create a comprehensive assortment planning strategy for product lines. Provides inspiration for both Design and Development in the product process. Creates and consistently updates competitive analysis. Performs category analysis on a monthly basis in conjunction with demand planning and finance.
- Presents line concepts, product and strategic vision to management, retailers, sales associates and peers at a wide range of formal and informal meetings. Be the expert regarding insights to the target consumers and their needs for product solutions.
- Seeks input from Design, Development, Sales, and Dealers on an regular cadence. The actionable design brief for each new story/season will be based on consumer insights, sales potential, market trends, competitor information and category positioning parameters.
- Evolves the line architecture to match business growth goals and objectives. Develops and briefs a specific product range that delivers against the category objectives for sales, gross margin, style and SKU productivity, and brand image progression. Co-leads (with Development) price negotiations with sourcing partners.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the global market needs to influence product direction and open new opportunities. Coordinates efforts with our international partners in support of a global product line.
- Serves as the champion of internal and external product-related communication.
- Ensures proactive planning and contribution to all go-to-market and sell-in strategies. Establish relationships with key retailers and maintains ongoing communication to understand product performance relative to market and gain feedback on category direction and opportunities.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Apply on company website