Drives gasoline or diesel powered tractor-trailer combination to transport trailers and containers by performing the following duties.
- Drives yard tractor as required to move trailers/containers located on company premises. If currently in possession of Class A Driver's License, may transport trailers/containers between facilities (on the road) and for fill-ups.
- Inspects yard tractor equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and for defects before and after trips; submits report indicating truck condition.
- Assists warehouse workers in loading and unloading truck.
- Places trailer/containers dispatched to them via RF commands or other method of communication which are in the queue in YMS.
- Receives instructions from yard controllers, and follows such instructions to maximize equipment turn times.
- Observes and directs outside drivers to the appropriate locations in the yard. Advises outside drivers as to proper safety procedures in the yard.
- Practices safe driving and good yard housekeeping.
- Chocks wheels of trailers/containers after placement at the dock doors.
- Insures doors are at least half rolled down prior to pulling trailer/container from a door.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees in an appropriate manner.
- Plan, prioritize activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
Minimum Required Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED; certificate from college or technical school and at least one year prior experience operating a yard tractor and/or tractor/trailer combined.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short &
Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply on company website