The purpose of this position is to provide OCM (Origin Cargo and Vendor Management) customers with the various operational and origin services as specified in the service agreement, customer procedures or Company's guidelines, on a daily basis
- Ability to work independently
- Monitor various in house reports from Yusen Logistics and others' proprietary systems
- Daily communications both verbally and written with Yusen-L origin/destination offices and internal/external customers (i.e.; origin offices, vendors, carriers, truckers, terminals)
- Provide timely response to daily e-mail communications (same day reply)
- Monitor receipt & measure data accuracy of EDI transmittal to the customer
- Daily operational / systems updates/ data entry
- Problem solving on daily operation related issues and problems
- Ability to guide, train origin offices and vendors on our systems and help them to complete daily operation requirements within the time line specified in SOP
- Monitor receipt & accuracy of all documentation from origin offices and carrier(s) prior to sending to the customer's Customs House Broker
- Perform account operations as specified by the accounts managers and SOP
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks
- Perform other functions at the direction of the Supervisor / Manager
- Work closely with origin offices, suppliers, carriers and other group company divisions
- Help other team members when needed
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all levels of the organization, customers and the general public.
- Ability to guide origin offices and vendors for all operation requirements.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, analysis of variance and correlation techniques.
- Ability to anticipate problems, define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and resolve it independently.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Other duties as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- College degree preferred or a minimum of three (3) years of global logistics and supply chain experience. Ocean or Freight Forward Experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
<P class=x_x_x_MsoSubtitle style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" align=left><FONT color=#ffffff>JILPOST</FONT></P>
Apply on company website