What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Server Platform High Speed Signaling Manager
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Manager of team responsible for the Server Platform & Silicon Signal Integrity simulation, its corresponding in lab correlation, Platform design rules & guidance as well as setting the Margin Pass/Fail criteria for the high-speed buses in AMD Server products. This individual will manage the team responsible for Server Platform & Silicon Signal Integrity and will interface with Silicon Design, Phy design, Package design, Platform Architecture & Design, as well as the Server Debug leads to provide detailed technical direction, drive focus and prioritize planning, execution, and issue debug for all aspects of AMD's Server Platform & Silicon Signal Integrity.
The candidate must have a BS or MSEE degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience in new product development from a silicon design, platform design and/or product engineering discipline. The candidate should have experience both as a technical lead and/or a people manager. The candidate must also have a strong understanding of High-speed signaling simulation and measurement. Furthermore, the candidate should have experience with driving multi-site and multi-disciplined engineering teams. A successful candidate must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Server Platform & Silicon Signal Integrity execution leadership across AMD
- Drive Server Platform & Silicon Signal Integrity simulation, in-lab correlation, generation of platform design rules & guidance as well as creating margin Pass/Fail criteria of existing and new server microprocessor SOC products
- Work with cross-organization teams to ensure Platform & Silicon Signal Integrity are in sync with overall program goals and that silicon and platform development is supported
- Develop and drive detailed workflow for all Platform & Silicon Signal Integrity activities beginning with new product pathfinding, through Server silicon product development, platform design and the phased validation process
- Assure that all responsibilities are clearly defined across the all Platform & Silicon Signal Integrity team and all relevant and participating organizations
- Lead complex debug efforts for both internal and external (i.e. customer/partner) findings to identify root cause and resolution
- Defect prioritization and root-cause resolution plans
- Drive solid solutions to technical issues and design challenges
- Ability to structure and execute complex analysis, draw insights, and communicate summary findings/recommendations to senior management as well as AMD customers
- Ability to network, build relationships and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience managing people and technical teams
- Prior experience with x86 system design and validation
- Prior experience with testing tools and environments, defect tracking and revision control
- Experience with High-speed analog signaling, simulation, and measurement
Requisition Number: 80507
Country: United States State: Oregon City: Portland
Job Function: Information Technology
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website