During these uncertain times American Financial Network, Inc. (AFN) has maintained steady growth and has reached record breaking months. As we celebrate our 19th year in business, as a team we are proud to continue serving the lending needs of our community. Give us the opportunity to tell you more about this position and AFN, apply today.
American Financial Network, Inc. (“AFN”) is hiring a Product Research Analyst.
The Product Research Analyst is responsible for supporting management and implementation of product rules to develop appropriate eligibility responses within AFN's underwriting guidelines. Responsibilities include researching investor guidelines and overlays, managing new investor product development and requirements, troubleshooting post-closing issues related to investor overlays, and testing new and existing product changes as they relate to first mortgage loan products and down payment assistance programs.
- Review and manage investor guidelines on a regular basis and compare against existing company overlays to look for opportunities to update and enhance current business rules.
- Research new products and programs as directed within required timeframe.
- Perform system tests to ensure business rules are working appropriately in the company's loan origination software.
- Research product specific requirements and recommend required conditions to improve compliance with underwriting requirements.
- Resolve individual loan level post-closing issues as they relate to investor overlays.
- Analyze pertinent information to determine cause for individual loan errors and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Organize records related to specific product features and present to management for consideration as directed.
- Establish and maintain investor relations including business announcements, bulletins, and other communications.
- Special projects/additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years current experience in mortgage banking, with an emphasis in processing or underwriting support (expertise in conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA products required).
- Excellent attention to detail and analytic skills required.
- Ability to self-manage and motivate and meet assigned deadlines.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to communicate real time updates in a professional manner by way of verbal or written updates.
- Working knowledge of industry regulatory requirements and loan product guidelines.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with underwriting requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and various computer systems (Encompass experience preferred).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Responsiveness and willingness to learning new products and programs.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to changing priorities and industry changes as they occur.
- Commitment to taking responsibility and ownership and pride in work product.
What We Provide:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
Who We Are:
American Financial Network, Inc. (“AFN”) is a unique force in the mortgage market. We are one of the nation's largest privately held mortgage companies with the resources necessary to compete on a national level with the largest publicly held banks. AFN maintains speed to decision, responsive communication and flexibility through its private ownership and flat organizational structure. We are a team of dynamic, visionary and opportunistic professionals that thrive on the utilization of teamwork and technology to outperform our competition. We are driven by a vision of being a market leader through creating the ultimate in customer service and being consistently better by always seeking new ways to improve.
We're Proud of our Accomplishments!
- Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- 50 Best Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- Top Mortgage Employer by National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Top 10 Mortgage Company in Customer Satisfaction by Social Survey
- America's Fastest Growing Companies by Inc 5000
- Most Powerful Women in Mortgage and Women of Influence awarded to our EVP of Operations by National Mortgage Professional Magazine & Housing Wire Magazine
American Financial Network, Inc. NMLS #237341 is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website