The Financial Analyst will serve as a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) resource providing financial and decision support to the various business units and functional areas in AIT. Additionally, the position will be responsible assisting in the annual planning and forecasting process.
Support Applied's FP&A function through the maintenance and construction of financial models, report production, forecast tools, KPI's and other predictive models in support of decision making and financial analysis for various functions and divisions within Applied. Support quarterly forecasting process in AIT by partnering with various business and functional leaders to understand and forecast financial performance.
- Partner with the US Service Center leadership team to create, modify or enhance financial reporting tools and templates and analytical tools to support the dashboard reports, quarterly forecast process and other decision support activities/processes.
- Support the financial analysis of Consolidated AIT results through the preparation of sales and margin analysis, SD&A spending analysis and Income bridges versus plan, forecast and prior year. Assist in the preparation of Senior Leadership Team results review presentation.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Financial Planning/Forecast system including documentation of key system architecture, maintaining and updating planning templates and reports, template mapping rules, planning scenarios, user access and all training materials to support annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Propose and implement enhancements, new functionality and analytical tools via the Financial Planning/Forecast system (BPC) to aide in the development of the Financial Planning and Analysis function and business decision support.
- Assist in the coordination and documentation of all monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance processes and upgrades to the Financial Planning/Forecast system.
- Assist in the coordination of the governance process including alignment of budget/actual hierarchy structures, creation of new entities and accounts in the Financial Planning/Forecast system.
- Assists with the Financial Planning and Analysis function to deliver financial reporting, analysis, the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), quarterly forecasts, etc.
- Provide end user support for the Financial Planning/Forecast system including maintenance and creation of training materials, distribution of training materials and process instructions and managing end-user help requests/problem resolution.
- Continuous improvement through attending training seminars, and other on the job development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
FINANCE ASSOCIATE ETHICAL CONDUCT
The Finance group at Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries holds an important and elevated role in corporate governance. It is uniquely capable and empowered to ensure that stakeholders' interests are appropriately balanced, protected and preserved. Accordingly, financial associates are expected to adhere to and advocate to the following principles regarding individual and peer responsibilities, as well as responsibilities to the company, the public and other stakeholders.
- To act with honesty and integrity, avoiding actual or apparent conflicts of interest in personal and professional relations.
- To provide constituents with information that is accurate, complete, objective, relevant, timely an understandable.
- To comply with rules and regulations of federal, state, provisional and local governments, and other appropriate private and public regulatory agencies.
- To act in good faith, responsibly, with due care, competence and diligence, without misrepresenting material facts or allowing my independent judgement to be subordinated.
- To respect the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of Company work except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose. Confidential information acquired in the course of Company work is not used for personal advantage.
- To share knowledge and maintain skills important and relevant to constituents' needs.
- To proactively promote ethical behavior as a responsible partner among peers in my work environment and community.
- To achieve responsible use of and control over all assets and resources employed or entrusted to me.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting/ MBA Preferred
- Minimum 4-7 year in an FP&A/Planning role
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Experience with the SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) and reporting system or Hyperion/similar financial consolidation and reporting software.
- Demonstrated project management and process improvement skills.
- Excellent organization and time management/prioritization skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website