Applied Industrial Technologies is seeking a Fluid Power Technical Support Representative. In this role you will serve as a primary internal technical resource for the AIT US service centers and your team when it comes to Fluid Power and Process Industry inquiries. As the primary knowledge base, you'll directly impact our customers and the company bottom line.
If you're outgoing, know Fluid Power, and are looking for a career – Apply Today!
- Involvement in the Company's Total Quality Management processes as evidenced by adherence to our Continuous Improvement initiatives directed toward reducing costs & improving company profitability.
- Adherence to our company Core Value and Code of Ethics initiatives.
- Consult with customers and factory representatives to assess equipment needs based on customer application requirements.
- Job duties to include competitive interchanges, obsolescence replacement, dataset processing for customer accounts, product recommendations based on application needs, support fluid power specialist functions, quote products and systems, arrange shop conversions, support shop build program initiatives and troubleshoot customer applications.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external customers by answering inquiries, understanding new products and technologies, assisting with product selection, and interpreting product information.
- Provide presale support to Fluid Power Specialists, AIT USSC's and customers including application assessment, concept development, proposal preparation, product demonstrations and presentations.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain concepts, products or services to co-workers and customers.
- Maintain documentation with high level of detail on customer projects as appropriate.
- Work closely with other AIT companies, departments or associates on matters of mutual concern and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- A degree from an accredited university or college and/or the equivalent in work experience in the fluid power industry or in Industrial distribution field.
- Work experience in Industrial distribution and a minimum 3-5 years' experience in the fluid power industry.
- Knowledge of design techniques and tools involved in the selection of suitable automation components and development of system schematics and models based on application criteria.
- Knowledge of the practical application of hydraulic, pneumatic, vacuum and automation technology.
Other Skills / Abilities
- Experience in the Industrial, Automotive, Pulp & Paper, Food/Beverage, Packaging and Textiles industries is a plus.
Work for a corporation that believes in developing its people. Applied employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded.
Connect with a great stable company with strong performance and growth. We look forward to learning more about you and will respond to qualified candidates.
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website