DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE 1
Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility - DBME
11526 W. Bell Road, Surprise, Arizona 85378
Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
Why Should You Apply?
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
- Affordable Health, Dental and Vision
- 10 holidays per year
- Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
- Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
Please apply online apply through azstatejobs.azdoa.gov. For questions contact Dursula Colter at (602) 771-1955 or [email protected] Requests for accommodations can be made by calling this number or by clicking this link to access the ADA Job Board.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative. This position under general supervision, the staff member will; screen Medical Assistance (MA), Nutritional Assistance (NA), and Cash Assistance (CA) applications. The member will also update, input into the automated system. Screen all incoming telephone calls, direct mail to appropriate unit staff. Access appropriate systems (On-Base, Arizona Technical Eligibility Computer System (AZTECS), etc.). They will also prepare applications and all preliminary data screen for eligibility determinations in a timely and accurate manner. Scan information into On-Base. Assist/log customers as the lobby concierge into lobby tracker. Issue Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards and Arizona Fingerprint Imaging Program (AFIP) customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Usage of the terminal/personal computer, office equipment, general rules, policies and procedures.
- Telephone etiquette and organizational structure to ensure customer is directed appropriately.
- Appropriate systems, Household System Check (HOSC), On-Base, AZTECS used to print case records.
- Application forms to explain procedures to applicant via telephone, in person or by correspondence.
- Preparing applications and/or preliminary data for eligibility determination.
- Supply ordering and time sheet input.
- Typing and data entry necessary to perform the job along with systems used to obtain information.
- Customer service techniques (i.e. listening, oral and written communication).
- Application screening for Medical Assistance (MA), Nutritional Assistance (NA), and Cash Assistance (CA).
- Researching missing documents/information.
- Excellent organizational skill used to schedule and track appointments notices to customers/clients.
- Interpersonal communication and courteous conduct.
- Determine and/or refer customer/client to appropriate staff based on the need of the customer.
- Open, screen, sort, and route incoming mail appropriately.
- Use of office equipment to fax, copy and print documents for case records.
- Transfer/routes cases to appropriate local office when applicable.
Licenses and Certifications:
- If the position is required to drive on state business, the position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26-01 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
- At least one-year experience in a direct contact, customer service environment.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency's ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 267-3695. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Apply on company website