Job SummaryThe Clinical Research Nurse evaluates, coordinates, and manages clinical trials and subjects who participate in research protocols throughout the System and with collaborative coordinating research centers. The Clinical Research Nurse coordinates study activities with the Primary Investigator and any Sub-Investigators of clinical studies.
- Recruits, interviews and obtains informed consent from prospective subjects for entrance into clinical trials and studies.
- Coordinators appropriate laboratory tests and other procedures for subjects participating in studies; including drawing blood or collection of other samples.
- Coordinates with Investigational Pharmacy for subjects to receive required drugs.
- Communicates with Sponsored Programs Administration to ensure proper management of charges and billing.
- Coordinates and submits IRB protocols, reports, revisions, updates, approvals.
- Records appropriate clinical and laboratory data on forms provided by the principal investigator(s), federal government, and/or industry sponsors.
- Communicates with study sponsors, federal agencies, principal investigators, and sub-investigators about research projects.
- Provides resources for staff, patients, families. and community regarding research.
- Travels to clinical research sites, hospitals, physician offices, and facilities within the System as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned within department
Requires ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time. Reaching, stooping, bending in file drawers. Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 30 lbs. of weight. Working in fast-paced clinical setting. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch and manual and finger dexterity. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare system and other facilities as required
NC RN licensure required; BSN preferred. Clinical research experience preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Certification in clinical research (SoCRA, ACRP) preferred.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website