Job Req ID: 322861
Position Number: 00078625
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Pharmacy
Location: Atrium Health Pineville
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us/atrium-health
Director Pharmacy II Atrium Health Pineville.
Assists in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, goals, and objectives. Oversees management, planning, organizing and directing of all aspects of the operation to comply with standards set forth by regulatory organizations and integration of departmental activities in the overall organization. Supervises staff.
- Integrates operations and activities into the organizations primary functions, and develops and implements goals and objectives in support of the strategic plan. Coordinates and integrates departmental services, prepares budget, recommends purchasing of capital equipment, and controls total expenses by creating new ways of keeping expenses under budget.
- Interprets and administers personnel policies and procedures to include hiring, promotion, discipline, termination of personnel, performance reviews, and merit increases.
- Ensures adherence to set regulations and establishes a system with policies and procedures to promote safe and effective use of medication in all patient populations.
- Assesses and improves the performance of care and services provided. Provides an ongoing assessment through organizational processes.
- Assists in the planning of new or revised services based on new innovations, technology and/or regulatory changes.
- Submits a monthly KPI which includes expense variances, etc. Also submits medication errors and other performance improvement results to appropriate committees.
- Ensures effective personnel staffing and scheduling and makes necessary adjustments to ensure safe patient care.
Requires considerable walking and standing, pushing medication cart of 50 pounds maximum and lifting materials of 20 pounds maximum. Hazardous exposure to cancer chemotherapy agents in preparation and handling. Otherwise, hazards are very minor such as minor cuts, bruises, and non-contaminated needle-sticks. Must be able to perform manipulative skills such as writing, typing, and data entry into the computer. Needs good manual finger dexterity. Must be able to hear normal sounds with moderate background noise as in answering telephone. Must be able to read small type such as that on unit-dose medication packages. Must be able to speak and be understood by others in order to communicate effectively. Must speak good English and possess sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Masters Degree in Pharmacy preferred. Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy required. Current permanent license in N.C., minimum of 4 years experience in a similar position and/or an ASHP accredited residency in hospital pharmacy plus 3 years supervisory experience. Must be familiar with professional and commercial phases of pharmacy. Must have knowledge of health care finance and delivery systems, management, and personnel relations. Possesses a level of clinical knowledge adequate to support the needs of the institution. Familiar with Federal and State Law regarding the profession. Familiar with the standards of licensing and accrediting bodies. Extensive knowledge of pharmacy and its related sub disciplines (therapeutics, pharmacology, physical pharmacy), extensive knowledge of formulary development, drug utilization review and quality assurance, good writing and oral communications skills and extensive knowledge of legal, regulatory and standards of pharmacy practice, extensive ability in integrating knowledge into daily practice.To be promoted to Dir II must meet 1 of the following: Pharmacist in charge for greater than 200 licensed beds, greater than 40 FTE's in the department or, manages Remote Order Entry Services for multiple facilities.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website