If it's possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite Fellowship-Trained Geriatricians to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program.
Atrium Health Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program and the Department of Family Medicine is recruiting a geriatrician to join our growing academic geriatrics program in Charlotte, NC. Passion for teaching and dedication to the training of medical students, resident physicians, and fellows in geriatric medicine principles and practice are required for this position.
Highlights about the position include:
- Join a team of 12 physicians (3 geriatricians), 2 Advance Practice Providers (1 specialty-trained geriatric nurse practitioner), 20 residents and fellows, support staff, care management team, social work, behavioral health team, and pharmacy team.
- Provide clinical care in a variety of settings including outpatient primary care, inpatient adult medicine, nursing home/assisted living, and telehealth.
- Teach geriatric medicine principles to medical students, residents (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation), and geriatric medicine fellows.
- Clinical Faculty appointment with the Wake Forest School of Medicine
- Opportunities for research within the Department's highly productive research division and across the enterprise
- Opportunities for leadership, including medical student geriatric clerkship co-director and Associate Program Director for the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship
- Fellowship-trained geriatrician: board-certified family medicine physician with/eligible for CAQ in Geriatric Medicine (ABFM) or board-certified internal medicine physician with/eligible for Subspecialty Certification in Geriatric Medicine (ABIM)
- Skilled in providing primary and consultative geriatric care to patients in a variety of clinical settings including nursing home, outpatient clinic, and hospital.
- Strong communication skills with patients, families, trainees, and interdisciplinary team members
- Leadership skills to support clinical programs, training programs, and enhance functioning of interdisciplinary teams
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.
Apply on company website