JOB SUMMARY: Provides assistance to the nursing staff by rendering specific treatments in addition to basic nursing care to assigned patients. Delivers direct and indirect care following physician and nursing orders to achieve the highest standards of age/developmental specific care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Completion of a North Carolina State Approved Nurse Aide I course required. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required.
1. Participates in the implementation of the nursing process by giving direct care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN).
2. Performs special procedures correctly under the direction of Registered Nurse (RN).
3. Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, self, co-workers, and facility.
4. Ensures complete, accurate and timely communication of patient information.
5. Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive and professional manner.
6. Takes personal responsibility and initiative for performance, professional growth and development.
7. Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
Basic computer skills
Contact with patients, family members, visitors, co-workers, and medical staff under wide variety of circumstances
Regular exposure to blood-borne diseases, infectious and contagious diseases
Subject to multiple interruptions
Occasional exposure to radiation hazards
Possible exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
Uses personal protective equipment
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Apply on company website