Nurse Assistant I / Unit Secretary, PRN, Float Pool,Lexington Medical Center
JOB SUMMARY: Assists nursing staff in providing patient care for assigned unit in addition to performing unit clerical duties.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school graduate (or equivalent) required. Clinical experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) required, registered with the Division of Health Service Regulation with no substantiated findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriations of property. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) or CPR required.
1. Completes clerical duties for patient admissions and assembling of medical records.
2. Ensures complete, confidential, accurate and timely communication of patient information.
3. Handles and screens incoming calls, and transmits messages as necessary.
4. Communicates to the team, co-workers, patients and family members in an effective, positive and professional manner.
5. Contributes to a safe, secure and therapeutic environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established procedures.
6. Conducts work in an organized, quiet, efficient manner and demonstrates ability to cope with stressful situations.
7. Performs NA1+4 skills within the guidelines of medical facility NA-1 Enhancer Program.
8. Provides or assists the patient with personal hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
9. Completes assigned unit responsibilities and assists other staff members in completion of their duties when time permits.
10. Provides age/developmental appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Reliable and maintains a professional appearance
Strong oral and written communication skills
Good computer skills
Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
Knowledgeable of all patient level care (pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric)
Frequent contact with patients, family members, visitors, and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances
Subject to moderate/high stressful conditions and multiple interruptions
Clean, well-lit, comfortable climate
Possible exposure to the risk of blood-borne diseases, infectious, and contagious diseases
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
Apply on company website