Job SummaryPatient Accounts Associate (PAA) works under the immediate supervision of supervisors/ managers in Patient Financial Services (PFS) related to hospital or physician billing. Basic tasks may include account follow-up, manual cash posting, correspondence processing, processing patient refunds, correcting claim edits and variance review. PAA performs basic assigned tasks from a worklist. PAA must have the ability to perform basic account decisions and performance of administrative tasks such as updating account information and contacting insurance companies via phone or internet. Work is typically routine and repetitive utilizing specific instructions and policies/ procedures. Limited amounts of evaluation and analysis is required in this role.
- Clears edits, contacts payers and submits claims via electronic or paper claim submission according to governmental regulations, agency policies, Atrium Health guidelines and timeliness standards.
- Receives and follows up on incoming correspondence and telephone inquiries regarding information for payment.
- Reviews & corrects billing claim edits.
- Ensures completion of all manual cash posting according to departmental policy.
- Enters adjustments to account balances when appropriate.
- Reviews expected reimbursement as compared to actual.
- Assists in reviewing/ resolving patient due credit balances.
- Receives, review and takes actions for all communications within the business office.
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Requires bending and may need to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.
High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred. One-year experience in related financial services or healthcare setting preferred. Requires the ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats preferred. Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook preferred. Prior healthcare and specifically Epic billing experience preferred.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website