Job Req ID: 227201
Position Number: 00169336
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Administration
Location: Carolinas Med Center - Mercy
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Performs patient transport duties accurately and efficiently while transporting patients to and from nursing units. Patient transports may be by wheelchair, stretcher, or bed. Ensures the safety and comfort of the patient throughout the transport process.
- Transports patients using an Intra-Active Voice Response System and Transport Tracking.
- Accepts transport orders, puts jobs in progress, and completes jobs using appropriate delay, cancellation, and rescheduling codes.
- Contacts receiving departments to advise of any delays, cancellations, or rescheduling of a patient transport.
- Participates in the registration of all outpatients and transports to appropriate departments and clinics.
- Assists nursing and various clinical staff with the transferring of patients from bed to transport equipment.
- Identifies and understands how to regulate flow meter on E-Cylinder.
- Assists with the placement of neonate and infants in appropriate car seat and transports patients from Emergency Department to nursing units and ancillary departments.
- Observes patients for any change in condition and reports these promptly to appropriate clinical staff.
- Identifies transportation equipment that needs cleaning and repairs and follows appropriate steps for cleaning and maintenance.
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to push/pull all modes of patient transport equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting patients required. Possible exposure to hazardous materials. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Customer service and excellent interpersonal skills are required. Previous experience in a healthcare facility required. Certified Healthcare Transporter required. BCLS HCP certification from AHA required. Computer or data entry skills preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website