Job SummaryPerforms patient care and assists Certified/Licensed Perfusionist during the support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of circulatory system, including cardiopulmonary bypass, cardiac and respiratory assistance, monitoring and diagnostic measurement and autologous blood salvage.
- Assists the Certified/Licensed Perfusionist with total and partial cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB), Intra-Aortic Balloon (IAB) autologous blood salvage and platelet pheresis and platelet gel procedures.
- Assembles, sets up and primes estracorporeal circuit using sterile/aseptic techniques, under the direction of the Certified/Licensed Perfusionist.
- Initiates monitoring and termination of procedures, following perfusion protocols, initiates balloon pumping for IAB procedures and ensures correct timing of balloon inflation/deflation.
- Ensures that salvaged blood is anticoagulated., processed, washed and bagged.
- Performs documentation for each case including patient chart, checklists, statistical information sheets, studies notification of service records and other clinical records.
- Cleans and sterilizes used equipment and restocks disposable supplies. Monitors equipment malfunctions and arranges for service and repair. Performs quality controls on all point-of care testing devices and records results per standard operating procedures and guidelines.
This position requires to regularly stand, use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required. Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma required. 1 yr experience in an operating room preferred. Should exhibit effective oral and written communication skills.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website