JOB DESCRIPTION: Provides technical support for pharmacists and clinicians to ensure safe and effective transitions in care at admission and discharge to support medication reconciliation and discharge pharmacy services. Collaborates with patient care team. Attends required in-services and skills development courses. Is expected to uphold the hospital's key values and to be a team player at all times.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of a formal technician training program with one year of pharmacy experience or two years' previous pharmacy technician experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- PTCB technician certification (CPhT) required.
- North Carolina Board of Pharmacy registration as a pharmacy technician required within 30 days of hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Assists the pharmacist and other technicians in preparing and processing medication orders/prescriptions. 2. Assumes responsibility for inventory maintenance to ensure that quality in-date drug products and supplies are available when needed. 3. Provides pharmacy service to the patient care areas. 4. Shares responsibility with pharmacists and managers for oversight of activities in the areas. 5. Works cooperatively with others and directs daily workflow to optimize output. 6. Participates in the team approach to quality improvement to support the Pharmacy Department's commitment to the philosophy and principles of Total Quality. 7. Maintains updated knowledge and skills and contributes to the education of others. 8. Serves as a mentor for new technicians. 9. Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement efforts and contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives. 10. Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served. 11. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to talk with patients/caregivers and others to obtain and provide information in a professional manner.
- Leadership skills and ability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong emphasis on basic math skills.
- Solid typing and computer skills including Word, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform all duties of Technician II
- Good attendance and performance records.
- Must have a positive attitude and be committed to the goals and objectives of the Department.
- Must perform the technical duties required quickly and efficiently and be able to cope with STAT situations.
- Must be cooperative and a good listener.
- Must be committed to excellent customer service.
- Subject to many interruptions and fast-paced environment.
- Moderate stress level.
- Possible exposure to potentially hazardous and toxic substances.
- Noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, robot, hoods, and oral communication.
- Potential exposure to infections and contagious diseases.
- Possible exposure to the risk of bloodborne pathogens and/or airborne pathogens.
- Possible exposure to latex.
- Possible exposure to cytotoxic (chemotherapeutic) agents.
- Subject to changes in work schedules and areas to meet customer/department needs.
Apply on company website