Job Req ID: 196419
Position Number: 00122676
Employment Type: PRN
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Hours are anywhere from 7:30-6:30. They need to be able to work several days until 6:00, 6:30
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Rehab Svcs - Outpatient
Location: CHS Northeast
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of Physical Therapy upon referral by the physician. Plans and conducts PT programs to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence. Performs supervisory duties and participates in continuing education.
- Evaluates patients and establishes appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, and patient education as warranted by the patient's diagnosis and condition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation and identifies need for and utilizes appropriate assistive and orthotic devices.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed, modifying goals and treatment as patient's status changes.
- Communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates patient's schedule, treatment programs, discharge planning and recommends solutions to patient care problems.
- Provides and documents patient and family education in regard to deficits, progress toward goals, and therapeutic techniques, with individualized instruction for a home program including equipment use.
- Directs and supervises activities of Physical Therapist Assistant, Physical Therapy Technician, students, and volunteers and assists with orienting new and rotating staff.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 100 pounds rarely dependent on individual facility operations and policies. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to transfer patients. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Fast-paced clinical environment. Weekend and holiday work may be required. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in PT from an accredited program required. NC license for PT required. CPR Certification and Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website