The primary responsibility of the Research Assistant Professor is to conduct research related to pediatric oncology in collaboration with physicians. Focus on neuroblastoma and central nervous system tumors and bring new therapies to children. Novel therapeutics developed will lead directly to Phase I trials and translational collaboration with our clinics.
- Conduct and participate in the planning and development of a variety of research projects.
- Collaborate on appropriate departmental and facility projects as assigned by leadership.
- Collaborate and interact with investigators at other local, regional, national, and international institutions.
- Foster and maintain collegial interactions with and supervision of residents, fellows, technical team members, physicians, faculty, students, research fellows, and visiting scientists.
- Produce and analyze experimental data, writes progress reports, writes manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, and prepares abstracts for presentation of results at local, national, and international scientific meetings.
- Develop, write, and submit grant proposals for intra- and extra-mural funding.
- Develop and maintain a vigorous, cutting-edge, externally-funded program in relevant research.
Physical RequirementsWorks in a fast-paced research and administrative environment. This position requires the ability to stand, walk, sit, lift, speak, hear, and use telephone. Is responsible for working in a safe manner.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
Related office equipment and supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Apply on company website