Job Req ID: 238701
Position Number: 00143481
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: First shift, M-F
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: LCI Clinical Trials
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: LCI Morehead
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Researches, writes and edits scientific professional publications, specialist scientific and technical journals, and the general media. Understands complex scientific information, theories and practices. Writes about topics in a clear, concise and accurate language that can be understood. Coordinates and manages all aspects of the assigned project and assigned personnel ensuring high quality product. Collaborates with participating physicians, ancillary departments, or the sponsor.
- Leads scientific writing, research, and department projects efficiently and timely.
- Communicates on-going project status, potential issues, and timelines to Chairman, Medical Director and/or Principal investigator(s).
- Plans, organizes, and manages all aspects of assigned retrospective, outcome and prospective projects and key deliverables.
- Leads and manages the efforts of all key cross-functional departments to perform all projectï¿½ related activities according to project milestones/timelines in a manner consistent with the stated project timelines and ethical transparent business practice.
- Discusses the cultivation of any identified opportunities or roadblocks to the successful completion of the project.
- Manages project financials (if applicable).
- Performs scientific investigation of content to support grants, journal activities, and other materials related to the support of the department.
- Reviews charts in Medical Records for research studies.
- Prepares meeting agendas/content to support Chairman, Medical Director.
- Manages reference/bibliography records.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chairman at LCI and other CHS sites.
May require to travel to local area hospitals/offices for meetings. Works in an office environment for preparing reports and records required for meetings or projects determined by Chairman. Requires close, personal contact with hospital personnel, walking, sitting, standing, lifting, handling of charts, supplies and equipment, and operation of a keyboard and computer. Responsibile to work in a safe manner. Works with a fax machine, typewriter, computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Endnotes, and Internet navigations), scanner, and copier.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Masters level or PhD required. Minimum of 5 years of health-related experience preferred. Good organizational and communication skills required. Excellent prioritization capabilities required. Experience with scientific writing required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website