Job Req ID: 184113
Position Number: 00164639
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift Details: 8a-5p/Mon-Fri (shift will vary)
Standard Hours: 24.00
Department Name: Clinic - Pediatric Clinic
Location: Children's Healthy Futures
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealthJob Summary
Provides comprehensive psychosocial services, assessment, diagnosis, evidence based treatment, case management and triage for patients, families, and caregivers in an ambulatory outpatient setting.
- Provides biopsychosocial assessments, clinical behavioral health diagnoses, treatment planning, evidence based clinical interventions, information and referrals to community.
- Interviews patient/patientï¿½s social support system to complete initial psychosocial evaluation and/or completes psychosocial assessment for the patient.
- Provides brief psychotherapy, supportive counseling, and education to patient/patientï¿½s social support system. Assists in coping with stress related to hospitalization, disability, chronic/terminal illness.
- Identifies, plans, and coordinate aspects of care for the patient/family that require social work knowledge and skill.
- Develops, monitors and revises a plan of care based on assessment of patient/family needs, in collaboration with multidisciplinary team.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient/family education.
- Advocates for the patient and family throughout care continuum.
- Maintains availability to the patient/family as a resource to facilitate communication among providers and to monitor services rendered.
- Provides clinical supervision to provisionally licensed social worker and/or mentors new social workers in the department.
- Serves as a resource to team members and physicians regarding emotional, social and psychosocial components of the patientï¿½s illness and its effects on their social support system.
- Intervenes in crisis situations, appropriately and effectively applying crisis intervention theory and skills.
- Participates in the initiation, development, and maintenance of clinical pathways/protocols and other population-based programs, facilitating collaboration of multidisciplinary teams in the process.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effect of social work involvement on quality outcomes, fiscal parameters, customer satisfaction, and system operations and implements strategies to resolve the system, performance, and patient variances.
- Refers patients/family to external agencies/resources for treatment when appropriate.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation.
- Documents accurately, timely and according to departmental policy.
- Participates, as appropriate, in clinical research and may provide local, national, and/or international presentations within specified field.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral / aural communication with patients, team members, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Intelligible speech and normal language/cognitive skills. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally. Able to laterally transfer patients 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Sometimes requires climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Works is in a fast-paced clinical environment. The work environment is primarily indoors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Masters degree in Social Work from a CSWE approved graduate school required. 1 year experience within current department or 2 years healthcare experience required for external candidates. License in Clinical Social Work in state of NC and/or SC required; additional Certification preferred. Proof of membership in a professional organization required. Must have the ability to mentor/supervise new social workers as needed by department.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website