Job Req ID: 522021
Position Number: 00131211
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: It is a standard 40 hour week, Monday to Friday.
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: OPR GI/MI Surgery
Location: Therapeutic Research and Devel
Location Details: 1025 Morehead Medical Plaza, Suite 300
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Recommends and implements advanced statistical and computational methodologies to answer questions that further promote the long-term overall success of the organization and the health of our communities. Analyzes large datasets from various sources in order to create predictive models and evaluate trends. Educates and communicates with business users regarding the impact and application of advanced statistical methods to health care data.
- Uses advanced statistical and computational methodologies to deliver insights and strategic opportunities to improve the quality, patient experience, and cost of healthcare.
- Establishes scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation.
- Monitors and analyzes complex systems to understand, diagnose, and continuously improve key performance indicators.
- Assists with the design of research protocols including sample size calculations and randomization.
- Writes statistical methodology and results for technical reports and publications.
- Provides data and analyses for the preparation of grants for outside funding, and assist as appropriate with the preparation of proposals.
- Manipulates, combines, and refines large databases to produce information suitable for analysis.
- Creates graphics for data visualization and information display.
- Works with researchers to shape and direct research questions.
- Develops metrics and scorecards.
- Assists with any ad hoc requests or projects that require data analysis.
Works in office environment using office equipment (computers, copiers, etc). Requires a lot of sitting and working at the computer. Intense detail and deadlines. Works in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's degree required or Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years professional experience required. SAS and/or R, databases, and computer programming experience required. Scientific aptitude and an ability to think strategically about the use of data and advanced statistical and computational methodology. Must have a working knowledge of research design and terminology. Requires the ability to interact with health professionals from a variety of health fields. Excellent oral, written, and technical communication skills. Strong organizational and prioritization capabilities. Works with considerable autonomy, and be motivated to set and abide by self-imposed deadlines.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website