Job Req ID: 215441
Position Number: 00070780
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: M-F, 1st Shift
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: IAS Server Support
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details: Corporate Data Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Formulates/Defines specifications to develop and maintain large complex Windows/Vmware based servers and virtual infrastructure. Defines and follows project plans for architecting, implementing and documenting systems. Monitors, improves, and implements production control/support activities. Identifies and provides options and resolutions to system or procedure problems. Competent to work at the highest level of systems, but may require instruction and guidance in non-specialty areas. May develop technical standards and lead initiatives to evaluate new products, services, technologies, or vendors.
- Maintains within established levels, the technical performance of Windows based server hardware, software and VMware infrastructure supporting the administrative, financial, patient care, and other departmental computer applications of CHS. Provides responsive support to the application development and operational activities of the IS Department.
- Monitors system performance, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action to insure the best performance per utilization of computer resources.
- Advises IS staff on proper data administration and program design to improve capabilities of existing programs and systems.
- Supports the Tier1 applications from a technical perspective. Also works with other departmental applications on support and setup. Works with vendors on system installation and setup.
- Supports all Windows operating systems. Supports Technology applications such as backup,recovery and patching systems.
- Recommends and implements solutions, understanding the ramifications for problems within Information Services.
- Defines protocol for working with customers and appropriately balances needs and resources.
- Develops and implements process improvement initiatives within Information Services.
- Understands basic concepts of the budget process. Able to develop and execute a simple project on time and within budget.
Work is subject to high-level visibility through exposure to CHS administration. Requires a high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be available for callback support on a regular basis, extensive evening and weekend hours due to schedules at times for conversions, training required. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or job related field preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Apply on company website