Patient accounting skills in four or more areas: 1. billing, 2. insurance collections, 3. customer service, 4. cash posting and 5. Administrative support. Responsibilities involve concentration on billing and insurance collections using computer-based applications to provide accelerated accounts receivable recovery. Improve cash flow and strengthen our financial position. Performs tasks required to ensure the systematic and timely insurance follow-up and resolution of all accounts in assigned inventory. Documents all collection activity in the patient accounting system. Maintaining compliance with government and contract regulations, and working with both internal and external customers.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers to assist in the account resolution.
- Effectively collect and resolve patient accounts receivable and monitor A/R including aging.
- Efficiently handle inbound/outbound customer telephone calls.
- Resolve patient accounts by collecting payments and/or by contractual adjustments by obtaining insurance and/or third party information.
- Responsible for checking status and documenting all assigned insurance accounts and submitting claims for billing or rebilling electronic or hard copy.
- Keep insurance employees updated on specific insurance handling of specific accounts.
- Requires a minimum of two to three years of billing/ insurance collections
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of claims review
- Customer services
- Cash posting
- Ability to learn new programs and systems
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Self directed and capable of working with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with others
- Dependable in both production and attendance
- Professional manner and appearance
Apply on company website