PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Integrated Health Collaborative (IHC) Practice Facilitator (PF)/Quality Improvement (QI) Coach is responsible for providing direct coaching support to physician/provider practices to make improvements in systems and delivery of care. The Practice Facilitator/QI Coach will assist practices to successfully accomplish the goals of specific improvement initiatives, and to support IHC QI initiatives. Duties include conducting outreach and coaching support to designated practices, and supporting QI project quality measurement, reporting, and communications. The Practice Facilitator /QI Coach will provide direct QI coaching to practices as needed, and/or will work in partnership with any existing practice or health system QI coaches (where they exist) to build QI capacity within practices to meet improvement goals. In this role the PF/QI works closely with the clinic managers, medical directors, supervisors, providers and staff. The position collaborates with other program coordinators and managers to develop implementation and operational plans related to clinic improvement initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
· Meet with practices to conduct assessments, review outcomes performance and data, participate in team meetings and speak individually with key individuals to ensure practices successfully transition to fee-for-quality/value model.
· Conduct practice assessments
· Meet regularly with program practices
· Implement action plans
· Install customized processes
· Identify and utilize support workflow tools
· Facilitate the build of team culture within the practices
· Identify barriers and facilitating resolution(s).
· Create capacity for managing the care of a population
· Foster a culture of continuous improvement that includes the use of performance data to understand and increase the reliability and effectiveness of care
o Assist in implementation of quality improvement, Lean, and other practice improvement activities
o Help clinic management define actionable goals and plan small scale tests of change.
o Assist and monitor clinics in their ability to implement and maintain new processes
· Educate on, and replicate, the use of best practice models including Medical Home model elements in the practices
· Help to prepare the organizational infrastructure for quality improvement implementation through such activities as advising on team building, change readiness assessments, facilitating meetings, and helping to develop leadership skills
· Serve as a liaison between the clinics and senior leadership
· Critically evaluate self-performance as reflected in the performance of practices s/he is coaching
· Present educational information via various modes that may include in-person learning sessions and webinars
· Manages ad hoc projects as needed.
· Stays abreast of new developments and industry trends related to best practices in clinical QI and practice transformation.
· Develops relationships and works with consumer organizations as appropriate.
· Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of quality improvement concepts, and ability to learn models and methods (e.g. rapid cycle improvement, quality measurement and reporting, clinical microsystems improvement), and clinical practice transformation models and methods (ex: Patient Centered Medical Home, Chronic Care / Planned Care Models).
- Familiarity with or training in other recognized Operational Excellence methods (Transitions, LEAN, Six Sigma, etc.)
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's degree in nursing, health care administration, public health or a related field required. Public Health, Health Policy, Nursing or related field preferred.
· 3-5 years' experience with direct patient care.
· Experience in health care office environment, with demonstrated responsibility for process improvement and quality improvement.
· Experience working with electronic health records and other health information technology
· Preference for experience in project management, administrative practices, and health care systems management normally acquired during 1 to 3 years of related work experience.
- Technical required skills include use of printers, copiers, fax machines, and computers.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in or high level of comfort in learning Web Based Applications required.
- Knowledge of health IT and/or EHRs
- Travel Required – must have access to an automobile and maintain a current motor vehicle license
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
· 8:00am – 5:00pm M-F or hours as required by the job. Occasional weekends and off -shifts
· Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
· Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
· Occasional local/regional travel to/from physician offices
Apply on company website