Homecare is the future of healthcare! Aveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously during the past year, and through a series of exciting acquisitions weve expanded the scope of our business into home health and hospice.
The Intake Coordinator LPN, is responsible for the evaluation and coordination of new patient referrals, working in collaboration with Branch Leadership, Liaisons, referral sources, discharge planners, patients/families, and location staff to ensure a seamless transition to agency services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for new referral coordination: receiving and coordinating all patient referrals, evaluating the needs from information received, and initial verification of Medicaid coverage while interacting with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the supervisor and the staff.
- Works independently receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance. Performs varied clerical and secretarial duties.
- Greets intake callers with a clear professional voice obtaining as much information as possible to assure accuracy in service coordination.
- Responds to callers inquiries and communicates accurate and complete information.
- Provides administrative staff with information as requested. Reviews documentation sent by referral source.
- Investigates and takes appropriate actions on client/consumer complaints.
- Assures agency intake processes meet applicable local, state or federal licensing/regulatory requirements in addition to agency policy and procedures.
- Coordinates with agency Team Coordinator to ensuring appropriate staffing coverage for new referrals.
- LPN degree or higher with an active licensure in the state of application preferred
- Oasis and ICD-10 knowledge preferred
- One-year home health / rehabilitation experience preferred
- Strong assessment and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task under time constraints
CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees Residing in California
Apply on company website