The Speech Therapist is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care according to the patients individual physician orders. Care may involve assessments, administering prescribed treatments and therapies, care planning, communication with other members of the patients multi-disciplinary team, supply management, emergency management, coordination of care, health promotion and teaching and training family members.
Territory: Georgetown and surrounding communities
Scheduling: 2 days a week
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Speech Therapy services as prescribed by the physician.
- Follow policies and procedures and conforms to all applicable patient care standards, licensure regulations and state laws.
- Provide a written evaluation defining Speech Therapy needs, goals and expected outcomes in conjunction with referring physician's Plan of Treatment.
- Provide a written Plan of Care for Speech Therapy goals and outcomes
- Maintains the plan of care for assigned patients according to identified Speech Therapy goals and outcomes.
- Participate in coordination of services (including discharge planning), with health care team, physicians, parent/guardians, nurses, and others.
- Maintain patient and company confidentiality.
- Maintain effective communication between staff, health care team members, and family.
- Serves as a resource consultant for clinical staff.
- Provide physicians and Aveanna with written evaluation of patient's needs, goals, and progress.
- Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an ASHA accredited college/university
Current and unrestricted SLP license to practice in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification
- One (1) year of recent experience as a Speech Language Pathologist in an acute care setting
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California
Apply on company website